Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the headache that wouldn't leave

I usually get headaches about halfway through my day. I have for about 4-5 months now. Before I took this job, I seldom got one. I'm going on day 2 of having one. Add to that, the chest pain I wake up with each morning, and it's taking it's toll on me. So, since my boss told me on Monday that I could take off on Wednesday since she'll be out hunting (oh holy mother of pearl is that a scary thought), I scheduled a visit to the Chiropractor. First time in over 3 years, and I'm well past needing it. So today I verify that I still have off tomorrow so I can go, and just like last time, she's not sure.....so predictable.

Today has been fair though. Business has picked up, so thankfully I'm keeping busier than I was for the past month.

Now that the grandkids are out of here, it's back to the little comments that drive me up the wall, and the yelling - oh my pounding head, the yelling. Someone give this woman an intercom system to properly converse throughout the house. It's been better than usual though. I'm only halfway getting blamed for things I know nothing about. For instance, today she had a closing. She has forgotten some necessary paperwork for this closing that I never once had my hands on. When she comes back from this closing, she says to me 'well, I forgot those forms I needed. Well, not really me, but you too.' No....I wasn't there, it wasn't my responsibility, so no...it was in no way my fault. I've been very careful not to apologize about anything either, since I was yelled at for this a couple weeks ago. So in her boisterous tone, looming over me with a metric ton of old fart perfume on, she goes over this new process I need to learn so she has to do even less for her closings than she already does, and I do more. Before you know it, I'll be showing up to them instead of her.

Prior to today's closings, I was also asked to call the buyers / sellers and remind them that they needed to bring their Driver's Licenses. Why they would drive to a closing without one in the first place is beyond me, but I've learned not to question odd requests. I call both parties just to be told that she'd already called to ask them this. Like....before I was even asked to do it. Seems like a good waste of time. While I'm at it, lets list a property again that's already online.

I did however get a good laugh yesterday. See, she rushes through every single thing that she does. In the process of doing this, lots of minor details get missed (hence why so much is blamed on me) but it's really a riot when she's calling clients and other agents. Multiple times a day, she will call a client, then tell them she's forgotten who she has dialed, and ask them their name. You can't help but find this awkwardly hilarious.

Grammar lesson of the day:

An educated person would pronounce 'Narrow' just as it's supposed to be pronounced. Not 'nair'. Let's not 'nair down that property list'. There's a lot of important letters and pronunciations we've left out here.

1 comment:

  1. Jodi if you're going to continue with this flagellation I'd suggest finding a good massage therapist. You could also try meditation & yoga. But the best thing would be for you to leave & find a better position under a human instead of a manipulative lying shrew.

    ReplyDelete