Monday, August 16, 2010

Start your Monday with a donut.....

Seems to have worked for me. Been a fairly low stress day so far (knock on wood) which comes as a surprise to me considering what Thursday and Friday were like. On Thursday just before I left, boss couldn't find her credit card in her purse. "oh, this is not good. I need to get online and see where it's been used. I usually leave it in this pouch, and it's just not in there. Oh, where could it have gone? Did you take it?"

What?!

I was insulted she even asked me. Did I take her credit card? Really? Like I somehow felt obligated to waltz on over to her purse, while she was here, reach my arm in there, fish around, and dig out her card.

Two minutes later, she found it. In her purse. Did I get an apology for the accusation I had it? I'll let you guess.

Now on Thursday morning (sorry for skipping around), I woke up before the birds with all my camera gear in hopes to finally photograph a meteor shower. This time of August is the Perseids, and they are a fairly consistent show. I got up early numerous times last year to catch them, and never had any success, so this was my first attempt of the year. I also decided I'd try something new. (which, woohoo, worked) I was absolutely thrilled with my results of actually capturing earth's rotation on a photograph.



Anyway, after Thursday's excitement with my stealing a credit card, and the fact there was absolutely nothing going on at work, I called in on Friday. 'Had a stomach bug'. So....I took advantage of my day and made the most of it, starting with once again waking up at 3:30 in the morning. Was able to take more photos, and try a different angle with my startrails.



After shooting for a bit, I went back to bed and when I re-awoke, I called my boss. Her response was priceless. "I'm not going to be able to make it in today. I've been up all night with a stomach bug, not sure if it was something I ate or what." "Oh, I just knew it! I knew this was going to happen! You know, your body just isn't meant to stay up so late in the night like that." (I made the mistake of telling Nick about my early morning photo shoot success....see where bragging gets you.) "I didn't stay up late, I woke up early the other morning" "You just can't stay up late, I know when I stay up late, I feel bad about it. You should know not to do that" "I didn't stay up late. I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 3:30. Besides, that was the day before yesterday. I'm pretty sure I don't have an upset stomach because I woke up early two mornings ago" I swear, you just can't argue with stupid. She's still convinced my 'stomach bug' was self inflicted from my supposed all nighter that I didn't have. *shakes head*

I enjoyed my day off. I really took it off because I had an interview in my town, which is 25+ miles from where I work. I was pretty sure that if I showed up to work on a Friday in a nice outfit, then took a 2.5 hour lunch, my cover would be blown. My interview went very well, and I'm praying that I get an offer. It's less hours, but more money, so I won't be losing any. Plus, it's 5 miles from home. Please God, let me get this offer, so I can save what is left of my sanity and get out of the current job I have!

After my interview I went to the pool. Yep.....it was great. There was no one there. Couldn't have enjoyed my day any more. :)

Saturday was crazy with the Tomato Arts Festival in East Nashville. We had a fantastic lunch at MadDonna's. for the Festival they were offering a Fried Green Tomato BLT. Light buttery bread, crispy fries, I only wish they offered this every day! I wish we could have stayed later, but the heat was just too much to handle. Me, being extremely sensitive to heat, I had to be careful, and it wore me out. When we got home, I passed out.

That night we headed off to a friend's birthday party in Brentwood. The home was perfect with the country western theme, and it was great to see all Rob's friends again. (I'm sure he thought so too)







Sunday we recovered by heading off to the Wilson County Fair. This is our 3rd year in a row of going together. I was even more excited than usual to go too, since I had entered 5 photos in the contest. I'm happy to report that 3 of them won. Being the largest fair in the state, I'm going to take those bragging rights. Think I won enough money to recoup the money I put into getting prints and mats done for it. That's a double win in my books. But we had a great time, and once the clouds rolled in, it made things that much more enjoyable, and we walked around for hours and still didn't see anything. If you want one good fair to hit each year, this is the one.




My sweet boy Rocco:



Adorable Xolo that the Nashville Kennel Club had!





Yes, that what it really is. No, we didn't try it.


Happy Monday Everyone!

1 comment: