Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When to say you've had enough....

This is my monday.

No sooner did I walk into work today then I was getting yelled at.

What for this time you ask?

Well, each month I put together a newsletter to send out to her clients. I look forward to doing this because I actually get to be creative, and people email her saying that they enjoyed reading it, and look forward to trying out the recipes I've put in there. I spent a few hours yesterday collaborating August's newsletter just to have it blow up severely in my face. Here's the email I got this morning about the 'cold' email newsletter I sent out.

"I am upset with you. WHY can you not listen to what I say and do it? You don't want me to repeat myself but you don't do what I ask. Jodi, I asked you to put that it was my recipe. I asked you to let me see it before you sent it out. I DON"T use a prepared crust and I would have told you what crust i use. PLEASE PLEASE listen and take note."

WTH. Really? Over a crust? (and yes, she does use a prepared one, I've had to make these for her guests before) I asked if all the changes she wanted were made, and I was told they were. Apparently she never bothered to actually read over it. So once again, I apologize profusely for this life and death mistake I've made.

Bad move. "Don't tell me you are sorry ever again! You are not sorry!! Don't say that to me again!"

It took all I had to not walk out that door at that moment. I'm actually still thinking about it. I promised myself I'd put up with this until I found something else. Days like today make that seem almost impossible. With the fear that if I do walk out, I'll only have gotten a week and a half's paycheck. Will it cover my bills? What if all these interviews I've been going to don't pan out? So many what if's.....

It's quite the dilemma. Half my brain is telling me to leave while the other half is stuck in financial mode running through all possible scenarios of if I can pay everything until at least the end of this month.

All over a crust. Woman....let me tell you what you can do with that crust.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that you're mentally telling her to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Would it really be that bad to lock her in her basement & throw away the key?

    ReplyDelete