Monday, August 9, 2010

oh you know,

it'll be a blog productive day, if I've actually got something to write about just after my Monday has started.

While my situation is amusing at best, it actually does cause me some serious upset. Some days I have the patience to laugh about it, and others I just want it to end. Last week was a rough week and so far this week is heading much the same direction. Within moments of walking in the door I was being bickered at for things I unknowingly did not do, or did incorrectly. Entering a phone number for a prospective client as a home number, instead of a cell, when it was not labeled anywhere claiming specifics, not typing in 'new member' when I entered a 'new member' for a member of her church that she'll harass for business....ah, how I love Mondays! Then I apologize profusely, tell her 'I'm sorry ma'am, it won't happen again' My apology got me yelled at: 'Don't say you won't do it again. You will do it again!'

Our spelling lesson for today is 'fraud' and 'pianist'. By the age of 55, you ought to know how to spell these simple 5th grade level words.

Amazing that I can be the Assistant Project Manager for two multi-million dollar commercial construction projects, and do every single thing right, then come to a menial job like this, and get fussed at on an hourly basis. My only saving grace today is the one hour I can escape here for a class at the main office on Marketing. I try to leave a little early to get my sugar free, decaf, skinny cinnamon dolce at Starbucks. Glad I'm learning all these skills though, they'll surely come in handy should I choose to get my license later on in the year.

My weekend was enjoyable at least. Lu and Jeremy were in town while picking up another horse about 45 minutes south of me. They hadn't been over in nearly two years now, so we hit the Williamson County Fair where they were lucky enough to catch some famous stars, and then we headed downtown to wander the always bustling Broadway and a stroll across the Shelby Street Bridge to get a view of this beautiful city at night. We at some pretty awesome food while they were in town as well. Which.....you know me - I'm always up for a tasty meal!

We headed to Bosco's in Hillsboro Village for some of their brews, and I opted for the Mediterranean pizza with spinach, kalamato olives, artichokes, feta, and mozzarella cheese. Light, tasty, perfect. For lunch on Sunday we headed to mine and Rob's new favorite restaurant. The Athens Family Restaurant on Franklin Pike is a must. We'd been there before, and told Jeremy about the Lamburger, and he wouldn't leave without trying it. Once again, I had the Pastichio, which is a loose baked pasta with beef and cheese, and their potatoes are in this wonderful cream sauce. Rob got the meatball dish (Soutzoukakia) and they were by far the best meatballs either of us had tasted. This restaurant it yet to disappoint us. We can't wait to go try it for breakfast one morning.

Recently I've also been looking for therapeutic and relaxing hobbies to do in the evening. There was a thread in off-topic on the Corvette Forum with one guy asking if it was normal that his wife still colors....like with crayons. There was an overwhelming response of yesses. So since then, I have bought myself a little package of crayons and found a few websites online that offer advanced or adult coloring pages - no...nothing dirty, but complicated drawings or psychedelic designs that prove limitless for the imagination.

http://www.coloring-pages-for-all-ages.com/advanced-coloring-pages.html

http://www.coloring-fun.com/advanced-coloring-pages.html

Hope everyone has a lovely monday. :)

1 comment:

  1. You should just get a care bears coloring book and get it over with... :)

    ReplyDelete