Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 week update on the caddy

...and maybe it's the 103* temps that have me loving it just so much. I cannot imagine us getting through this summer if I hadn't gotten it. With a daily heat index of about 125*, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy to have to commute in a 13 year old corvette that only blows hot air out out of the vents.

It might be a simple thing that most people have, but I'm forever thankful to finally have a safe, reliable vehicle. It's a great luxury for me to be able to turn on the AC when I get warm, and to be able to flip on my windshield wipers in the rain, and know that they'll work. I've got a gas gauge that works no matter how far I drive, and no more warning codes telling me to pull out the key and try again in 10 seconds. The Vette goes to the body shop next week to have the front bumper re-sprayed and to get the damage fixed from when it was broken into back in December (BTW, to the thieves that stole my $700 stereo that my insurance wouldn't pay for, I hope you die a slow painful death)

I went to Atlanta last weekend to spend a couple days with my family while Rob was in Maine, and while there, had my windows tinted out in the Caddy. Next up, chrome 22's. (yeah, I'm kidding)

Didn't get the job offer at ServPro, and I'm not overly upset about it. Sent out another 22 resumes today in hopes for a better opportunity. Finally got around to filling out my paperwork to volunteer with CASA as well, which hopefully, down the road will lead to a career.

Today at work is one just like the rest. I've decided that saying I don't know how to do something, will get me a nasty look, but will also prevent me from having to explain anything 10 times. My boss has been trying to adapt to using a blackberry. This in itself is a task. Now join that with the main website we use for client management, and emails. She's had to upgrade from 7i to 8i, which is what I've been using since I started here. It's apparently just too 'technologically advanced' for the boss. After 1 day of learning the software, she's already quit. Yesterday, every 5 minutes she'd call me in there to ask another question. "jodi, how do you look this up?" So, I'd tell her how "no....no that's not it. There has to be an easier way. Are you sure this is it? This can't be it. Oh, 7i is just so much better. Can you call them for me? Look up their number, I can call" Every 5 minutes.......

Those of you who are my Facebook friends saw my unfortunate status update yesterday as well. Woman, if you are on the toilet, please, PLEASE do not talk to me. It's seriously grossing me out. I've told you repeatedly to take that time for yourself, and you chuckle, as though I'm not serious. I am.

And PLEASE finish chewing that food in your mouth before you talk....I don't know about you, but my mother taught me not to talk with your mouth full. Someone as out of the loop and old fashioned as you are surely also learned this lesson.

I also appreciate you chewing me out this morning for not calling the main office the moment you told me to. BTW Mrs. Know it all, it wasn't urgent. That's why I knew it could wait til I was done with what I was doing. Being as experienced as you claim to be in this field, you should have known that. 'Yes ma'am, I'm sorry ma'am, won't happen again'

good luck with your next assistant.....

No comments:

Post a Comment