Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dora's 12th Birthday Today & Other Musings

Happy Birthday to my little Dizzy Dora Leigh Winefred. You feisty, grumpy little angel. I'm stopping by 'See Spot Eat' on my way home to bring you and Rocco a special treat! Hard to believe I've had you since I was 17 years old....oh how time flies.









Sometimes going home to my dogs seems to be the cure all for a rough day. I can go home and no matter what my mood, they are there to support me, climb all over me, and be happy as can be just to see me again. It's a nice feeling to be so loved. I'll never understand how some people don't like dogs. I like my dogs more than most people. Some people probably can't understand that either.

I had a job interview at ServPro yesterday - a fire and water restoration company. We'll see if I get a call back or not. Pay isn't much more than I'm making here, and I would have to be on call (unpaid) just about once a month...so that would take some adjusting as well. But it still has to be better than what I'm dealing with now. Today. Where I've been once again told I 'wasn't thinking' when entering the square footage of a house. The numbers she gave me that are now wrong. I forget that some days I'm to be a mind reader. I really need to brush up on my skills because I'm apparently sucking at it. And I'm sorry if you are busy, focused, running late and on a mission, but don't get short with me and disrespect me as a result. Because eventually I will snap.

And Rob is home - safe and sound. Looks like a great trip he had....to be able to see scenery like that - different architecture, trees, and ways of life. Hopefully I'll make it up there one day too.

Other than that.....it's Tuesday. Only Tuesday. God, please guide me through this week and grant me the patience to deal with people with a shorter temper than my own. I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment