Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Don't do what??

Yet another amusing day at the office. Yesterday I had no escape, as she canceled her 12:00 appt, and said she'd be driving me to the class (oh, let me calm my overjoyed self). No break, no Starbucks. On the car ride there she kept talking about 'wanting to be friends' Seriously? You are a nut job and every moment spent in the same building as you is just that much more of my sanity that I risk losing! Claims she's been friends with all her other assistants, then mentions how they only last 4 months at best.

Then last night she texts me at 8PM to call a client for her. I don't think so.

On to today. The phone rings, and she answers it. Who ever called hung up. We get those calls quite often - I'm only assuming telemarketers, wrong numbers, etc. "well, that was weird. They just hung up" (as if this is the first time this has happened in her 50+ years on earth) "Do you suppose it's someone you know?" To which my response "like who?" (I had to ask) "Well, someone might call and hear my voice and hang up" To which I replied with a confusing 'ok' but thinking to myself, 'I know I would'. "Well, someone might call here for you and not want to talk to me. You know, personal calls. Like calls from your cell phone. Do your friends call here?"

Really? Like.....Really?! Yeah, first off woman - my friends all have jobs. Pretty sure we are all at work right at this very minute. We don't chat. Even when we aren't at work, we still don't chat. And do you really think I would give them your home phone number to call me on?

Halfway through eating my 10:30 meal (which I have to eat in order to take my medications on time) and working on her next ad, I had to drop everything I was doing to once again make her bed for her. Once I found out that she only washes her hair like once a week, I became insanely grossed out, and now dread making the bed for her even more than I did.

All that aside....

I finally got my corvette into the shop today too. 7 months after the break in at Centennial Sportsplex, I'll finally be getting a new center console since they absolutely shredded mine to pry out my head unit and attempted to get all my wiring harnesses with it, as well as fixing my doors, since they tried a prybar on the drivers side, before drilling a hole in the passenger side to get in. They've also agreed to fix the front bumper as well since the paint is chipping off of it from the last time they worked on the car (from the semi tire explosion incident) Hoping to hit a cruise night with it all fixed up before it goes to it's new home.

Looks like September 3rd, we'll be heading downtown for the SoundForest Splash. An event with independent films, and New Belgium Craft Brews.

http://www.soundforest.org/news.html

This weekend also starts the Wilson County Fair. We go to this every year and look forward to wandering through Fiddler's Grove, Eating the Funnel Cakes, Fried Twinkies, Corn on the Cob, and Rob's 'Pronto Pups', and enjoying the people watching. (It's prime there, bring a camera) I entered five photos in the contest too, and if even one places at all, I will be a happy camper. :)

http://www.wilsoncountyfair.net/

1 comment:

  1. darn, I missed the deadline to enter some photos... :| maybe next year... This sounds fun though: http://www.wilsoncountyfair.net/competitions/creative-arts/digital-camera-contest

    Although, I'm not sure I can make it on Tuesday... hrmmm

    ReplyDelete