Monday, August 23, 2010

A republican walks into a bar

A Republican, in a wheelchair, entered a Bar & Grill one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee. The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked, “Is that Jesus sitting over there?”

The waitress nodded “yes,” so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee, on him.

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian, with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, “Is that Jesus, over there?”

The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, “My treat.”

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered, “Hey there honey! How’s about gettin’ me a cold mug of Miller Light?” He too looked across the restaurant and asked, “Isn’t that God’s boy over there?

The waitress nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold beer. “On my bill,” he said loudly.

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, “For your kindness, you are healed.” The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door.

Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, “For your kindness, you are healed.” The Libertarian felt his back straightening up and he raised his hands, praised the Lord, and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then, Jesus walked towards the Democrat, just smiling.

The Democrat jumped up and yelled, “Don’t touch me .. I’m collecting disability.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't resist. :D

We had a decent weekend. Rob's folks were in town for a couple days and we hit Cheekwood for the Chihuly Exhibit, and the following evening we headed to the Wilson County Fair. The Chihuly exhibit was decent, but IMO if I'm spending $15.00 to see such awesome glasswork at night, I'd at least figure they'd go through the effort to better light them. The fair was great though. It's amazing how many people come out there for it. It never ceases to amaze me what fried goodies will be new each year either. This year's specialty was 'Fried Butter'. It's better than it sounds. Basically just a small sweet fried roll with butter inside. I could eat a ton of them, but I had only one. I'm too young to die.










Work has been fair. For a Monday, I can't complain too much. Just the typical lacks in common sense. For instance, walking by and glancing at my screen to see what I'm doing. Then asking if it's something new. Hopefully you felt like an idiot when I told you that this is the mailer that goes out EVERY week. And nothing makes me happier than be be told 2 hours before I leave that you want a community open house set up today. Which means calling all the agents with listings for sale in that neighborhood and getting an ad for the paper together, and one that actually meets your approval. It was classic that when I called the agents just to get a bunch of 'no's, or I can't do it's' that you doubted me - that I actually called them. Even though you were sitting just 10 feet away while I called them all.

....and as you can guess - no job offer. I've made up my mind though. If I get insulted one more time - I'm out. I've even got my speech ready. I've been working on it since April. Maybe work part time somewhere else and go back to school. Now if I can only decide what I want to go to school for - and which will be the better investment of my time and money vs. what I really want to do....

Anyway - Happy Monday. :D

3 comments:

  1. Great joke!! Love it!

    Sorry about the lack of a job offer. I think you should definitely leave if you put up with one more insult. No one should be forced to put up with that, and you should take advantage of your age and freedom and do what you want!
    How about something like photo-journalism? (not sure how much of a market there is in that, but I think it would be incredible!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go out with a bang though Jodi. Tell her that you have to leave because you've been fantasizing about having a relationship with her & you know that it just wouldn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend went to the state fair here - they features a donut burger. Yes, exactly what you are imagining.

    ReplyDelete