Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday spilled over to wednesday,,,,

Of course, I enjoy them more when I can lounge by the pool and soak up the sun with a cocktail in my hand, but I managed to make the best of a half day with a doctor's appointment. I slept in til nearly 7AM, which is a feat I can hardly manage on weekends. We were both tired from the Titan's first home Preseason game. Rob managed to get some season tickets, and me, hardly a football fan, found it difficult not to enjoy. 11 rows back from the field - now I'm on a mission for the cutest Titan's apparel I can find.



After my appointment this morning, I decided to take my dear sweet time to get to work. My boss wasn't expecting me til noon anyway, so I went to the little shopping plaza next to Green Hills mall to do some browsing, and to give in to my craving for chinese food. (mmm, crab rangoons) I will rarely turn down good chinese food.

Looked at my watch, still some time to kill. So, I headed to Verizon to see about getting a 4th Droid Eris. Even better, they are finally sending me a new phone. Hopefully the LG Ally will be a better one than my current. Something about calling people that I'm already on the phone with 6 minutes into a conversation from when I originally dialed their number, greatly annoys me.

After finally getting that squared away, I moseyed on into work. Walking into a house with a blaring TV playing cartoons on VHS from the early 80's, a 3 year old who claims he still can't hear it, a screaming 14 month old, and the the boss telling me everything she wants done today, before I even had my notebook out, or my bum in the seat. I've never felt a headache come on so quickly. It only took her 20 minutes within my arrival to ask "so did your appointment go well?"

"yep"

"So, what did you have to go in for?"

"I'd rather not say"

"What? Are you mad? Are you having a bad day or in a bad mood?"

"nope, just don't feel like sharing my personal health with you."

Thankfully they headed out early so she could take the kids elsewhere, and before leaving she asks me if I'll be in on time tomorrow....God willing. What's that supposed to mean? I reminded her the only reason I wasn't in at 9 this morning was a doctor's appointment. Then she's able to remember.

-------------------------------------------------------

So I forgot to post my blog yesterday. I need a few more hours in the day.

Wednesday.....I've only been here one hour and it feels like 8. Boss called me last night to come in early. Since getting here I've been copying contracts, making calls, setting showings, designing flyers - all with a 14 month old on my lap and getting more orders barked at me while I'm on the phone. Holy Crap. I would never drop my kids at my parents house if it functioned like this.

1 comment:

  1. Number #1 That 14 month old kid would be in a crib & certainly not on my lap. If the shrew wanted to get in my face about it, I'd do just what I did to a boss similar to yours & tell her that I'm here to work not to do your personal business. You can't pay me enough to do that. Any response from her other than, "You're right Jodi. It was foolish of me to burden you with my personal business." Would deserve two words... I QUIT!!!

    In my case the owner of the company wanted me to go to all the grocery stores in Charlotte & put up 3" x 5" index cards offering his cats for sale. I asked him how this was part of company business. He said it was work & that I'd better do it. I flung the cards in his face, told him I quit & walked out the door.

    That wasn't the end of it though since my wife & him were partners. She wanted me to apologize to him. I wanted an apology from him. Gah!!!!

    ReplyDelete