Friday, August 20, 2010

and it was only a half day

I looked forward to Friday - not only because it was Friday, but it meant only being at work til noon.

Got my 'to do' list tackled with about 30 minutes to spare when I'm given another list. She's notorious for the 'before you leave lists'. With my ninja like skills, I still manage to finish everything. Then the printer runs out of ink. No doubt, this small task will become so much more.

Boss goes upstairs to get ink. "come get these boxes for me!" So I do. I trudge up the steps and go to pick up 4 toner boxes "Carry these downstairs so we can talk about them" Huh? Talk about them? Did printer ink become the next book club?

I went to change out the yellow - no biggie. Open, pull out the one with the yellow tabs, replace. So I start to change it out when I'm told to stop, wait til Nick gets off the phone, and talk to him about it. What's this 'talking' about ink? Last I checked it was pretty simple. I've owned countless printers before. I'm confident that I can handle this somehow difficult task.

So I tell her 'you want me to stop changing this out?' YES! Wait for Nick! So, Nick gets off the phone, I tell him the deal. He's wondering why I wasn't allowed to do this as well. Then boss comes in. Starts talking about one of her past assistants - the one that ordered these sacred ink cartridges that I somehow don't have the mental capacity to change. "She wasn't with us long, just a few months, but she was by far the smartest assistant we had. It's such a shame she left us for that job to make 30 thousand a year"

.....

You know I'm sitting, RIGHT HERE. Talk about insulting. Aside from the anger and hurt I felt I thought 'yeah, she had to be smarter, she quit this BS after only a couple months'.

and it was only half a day.......

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure with a bit of knowledge there are a few people out there that would delight in making her life a living hell for you. After you've moved on of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good experience as a Realtor assistant. Surely there is another agent out there that would appreciate you more.

    ReplyDelete