Friday, August 27, 2010

The right donut cures all

I made it. Week #33 is just about complete. Each week I don't quit here is an accomplishment, and I make sure to commend myself on putting up with it just a little bit longer than I say I will. Each week I seem to add something else to my 'quitting speech' that I've been working on since April. In a way it's like an abusive relationship (sadly). You put up with it longer than you should, going against your friend's advice, and your own best judgment. Somehow feeling this is the best you can get right now, and it's easier to deal with the verbal abuse than to have to start over. The paycheck is the security I can't part with until the next best thing comes along.

Well, my loyal readers, here's your treat for the day. A glimpse into my 'office' of sorts. That little wooden desk and chair to the left is my humble workspace where I somehow find room to organize contracts. Today I get the pleasure of picking up all those toys that are scattered all over the floor behind me. Think that's a mess? You ought to see the living room. I cleaned all the floors on this level the other day. Not to be nice, but because I honestly felt bad that the kids were crawling around on such a dirty surface. I never got thanked for it, and I'm really not surprised by that.



Most of you also remember just a few days ago, that whole pie crust in the newsletter fiasco. I figured it was all in the past, with the rest of the petty things I've been yelled at for. I thought this anyway, up until the part where a friend / co-worker called the boss on her cell phone. She walks into the kitchen and I can hear her telling this person "oh and I just have to tell you what my assistant did. I just can't believe it. She was working on my newsletter that I send out to everyone. And I mean friends, clients, people at church. Everyone. I asked her to put in my fudge pie recipe and she I couldn't believe it put in that I use a pre-made pie crust. I just, I just don't know. She just doesn't think. I can't believe so many people got this and it said that"

To make this matter just a tad more humorous - she just told Nick to get out 6 pie crusts.

BUT, I started my morning with a nice soft Apple Spice Cake Donut from Krispy Kreme. I feel that starting my day with something really good helps me if the rest of the day goes to the dump. I went by yesterday to get one and since my one donut order was so complicated, they gave me their other seasonal apple donut, which I must admit, fell incredibly short of my standards. Today's however, made up for it. I'm a sucker for donuts and I follow Krispy Kreme on Facebook, so I always know when their next seasonal release is. I know my Endocrinologist would have a fit if he knew I was eating them, but I'd like to think that because I eat so well the rest of the time, I'm entitled to this sweet carb filled treat every so often. :D

oh yes....and here it is. Enough of you asked about the newsletter. Pardon the crop job as I had to take this from the email. And I know you all secretly enjoy the use of Microsoft Paint. And while some of you I'm sure can do better, the email company they use is still stuck in 2005.





There it is - vadered internet photo of a much more attractive specimen and all. Written in there just as requested. Not sure what kind of frills I was supposed to add. After all, I don't work for southern living. I'm just the idiot assistant. :D

TGIF Everyone! If you are in Nashville, come visit us at the BBQ Fest - look for the Pignation tent!

1 comment: