Thursday, September 2, 2010

Random Document Thursday

I so would have enjoyed my day off yesterday had I actually had one. Despite my telling the boss that I would be at the doctor's office at 10 AM and not to call, she not only called me while I was there, but two times before I even got there. Lying on the chiropractic table and hearing that uncanny buzzing from my purse made me want to stick my phone in a vice. After my appointment I had to go into the office all to do work that wasn't even going to be turned in until today. In fact - it's still here.

Today was wonderful based on the fact that she's sick as a dog and always looming near my desk, breathing near me, and I had to help her make her bed again - picking up God only knows how many germs off the sheets that never get washed. I'd like a full body-sized mister of that antibacterial spray to walk through whenever I enter the room.

Aside from that it's just the norm "Get so and so's thing."

Okay - let's discuss. If you want a certain form from a file, please specify what form. Not 'thing'. Even if you know that 'thing' means Disclaimer Notice in your mind, I cannot read your mind. Please pause, think, then ask. Not only will it frustrate me less, but I'll be less likely to have a sarcastic remark under my breath to this request.

I also made an ad for the Vanderbilt HSA Newsletter. This in itself was a task due to the 400 changes I had to make, then having them enter last year's ad, and having to get it changed again. Anyway, we get the new newsletter today and she's so happy that the ad was at the top of the newsletter, but she likes someone else's ad more. Well, this other person either is a graphic designer, or hires one. She doesn't understand this when I explain it to her. The ad she's looking at is nothing I have the ability to create. Even I know my limits.

So guess what I'm told I need to learn before her next ad is due.

Good news is though that I got a call for an interview! Bad news is that boss was right next to me when I got the call, so I couldn't answer it. I called back and left a VM and I'm praying for a call back to schedule it.

At least tomorrow is Friday. And Payday. I'm going to treat myself to some new high heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment