Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I feel so dirty.....

Taxes. There are two ways to go about this. Honestly, or.....not quite honestly.

Your anniversary trip was not a business expense. Gift cards to your immediate family members and friends 'asking for business' is not quite accurate, same goes for pizzas for your poker games. I ask God's forgiveness in doing these taxes, as I tried to do them the moral way....

"Bible Imprinting - see, this needs to go under 'Expense of Sale' not client gifts. If I get audited they'll question this ($6.00) charge." As I bite my tongue to keep from responding with 'No, they'll question your family vacations you try to write off'

"I don't want to cheat the government, I just want everything I can get from the government"

I think they call that Liberalism.

I'm still bummed that my firing on Friday was taken back. Especially when my Labor Day was interrupted by Voicemails from the boss calling me while she was hunting, and asking why I didn't go to work on this holiday after I was told I didn't need to come in. Apparently she emailed me at the work address after I left work for the weekend, asking me to come in at 8:30 in the morning on a holiday to 'fix' said taxes. I'm yet to get through a day off or a holiday without a call from her asking me to work. And no, I do not get time and a half.

With another headache that began last night I'm hoping my day goes quickly. As she loomed above me looking over every purchase she's made this year, line by line, yelling to Nick when she had a question, I covered my ear and squinted. Not helping. Then she glances down at me, frustrated, with a crude remark about my attitude. I apologized (3rd time this morning) and told her I just have a headache. "I really need to you cooperate here, ok??" I told her I was sorry, I will not mention my headache again.

Tylenol, you are my saving grace.

I also get chewed out nicely today for not scheduling a termite inspection. I look at my checklist for last Thursday. Right there, at the top 'next week, schedule termite'. Well, that would be this week. Must be my fault that you said it wrong. Hate when that happens.....

Aside from the dismal thought of coming back here this week, our weekend was enjoyable. I could not have envisioned more perfect weather. On Saturday I drove up to Bowling Green for the 16th Anniversary Bash of the National Corvette Museum. With the top down and temps in the upper 70's, it was a little slice of heaven. As much as I loathed that car when I had to rely on it daily to get to work and back, in all sorts of temps and weather conditions, it really is a great car. Probably one of the more fun vehicles I've owned. It's a whole 'nother sense of freedom that you can only feel in a corvette, with a power that is almost unbeatable. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to reacquaint myself with horsepower and the open road.

Overall it was a decent weekend - very low key, and a relaxing way to close out the summer. I hope this week brings me new opportunities, and possibly even a relief of my current situation.

Well, gotta run. I have just been summoned to bed making again.

1 comment:

  1. Taxes: It sounds to me like they're overdue for an audit. And I'll be honest if you sign the forms that the forms were prepared by you you could be leaving yourself open to an audit as well. Leave taxes to their accountant. Tell them point blank that its not part of your job description & you aren't doing it. Same goes for any household chores.

    Quit apologizing. They should be the ones apologizing. Look her dead in the eye, stand up, throw the forms in her face & tell her to go f'k herself. Walk out.

    If you really want to start drama tell them that you're filing a lawsuit against them with the EEOC. Oh & they are paying their employment taxes for you to the TN DOR aren't they?

    I'm glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete