Thursday, September 9, 2010

To clean or not to clean....

I walk into work today with the boss on the toilet, door wide open, while she's on the phone with another agent. Right off the bat you know it's going to be an awesome day.

Yesterday proved to be interesting. Taxes went in to the CPA for 3rd quarter. Back in January when I first started here, I went through all of her expense spreadsheets and fixed every glitch that her past assistants did, as well as a summary sheet for the CPA. He called to tell me what a great job I did on it. Well, at least until yesterday when I was told it was all wrong, I needed 6 new lines items, more breakdowns, and to redo it for the year. Really? You couldn't have brought this to my attention 9 months ago?! Now I have 9 months worth of jacked up expenses to go back and fix. Then while boss is on her way back from the CPA's office, she starts walking me through everything she wants changed on it, line for line, while she's driving. So I simply said to her "how about we do this when you get back so you can pay attention driving" she snapped back "fine then, if you just don't want to do this" and hung up on me. The woman already can't drive. The last damn thing she needs is to be trying to explain where she wants all these things on a lengthy excel spreadsheet. I didn't bother to call her back, and this time, I sure as hell was not about to apologize.

She got back, and I expected to be chewed out again, but instead she throws her Sentri Card on the desk in front of me and says 'renew this for me', and then just walked off. How lovely. She's like a delicate flower. Well, maybe a black, crusty flower that has been out in the field too long. The kind with cobwebs on it.

I also had this awesome note on my desk too. I'll uh....I'll get right on that.



Now comes my dilemma of the day. Yesterday she said things were getting slow, that I didn't have to work full days on Thursday and Friday. Which is great for me, because I can go home and more resumes sent out, and more phone calls made. Then that's when she decided I should clean her house instead, since the college girl she had in here didn't do much. In this morning's email were specifics of what she wanted cleaned and how. 'Please dust the upstairs and the step area and steps and come on down and dust the entrance -everything please and then vaccum'. (yes, that really was misspelled)

Can't I just stick to the original plan and go home instead? I'm not your maid.

Got a call for an interview this afternoon too, but it's only part time, 2 days a week, so I'm not sure I'll take the offer to meet with them. Still waiting to hear back on the office manager position I interviewed for last Friday. Supposedly they are still on the first round of interviews.....fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be better to take a different position even if it was only 2 days a week? You could cut back on your hours at the shrew's. Or you could be the shrew's maid & have a job you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy lady! I can't believe she asked you to clean her house!

    ReplyDelete