Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Farewell my little corvette.....

This weekend will be tough on me. I can honestly say that my corvette changed my life. Had I not bought it, I would not be in Tennessee, I would not be with Rob, and I would have missed out on some seriously amazing people and activities.

I've conquered the Tail of the Dragon, attended numerous car shows and cruise nights, driven with fiery enthusiasm at Road Atlanta, and spent countless hours detailing it (as well as fixing it's many ailments).

I've been proud and beaming many times and I shifted through each of it's quick and powerful 6 gears, and I've cursed more times than I can remember as one thing broke after the other.

All in all though, it's been a damn good car. Few things in life will compare to stomping the accelerator on the highway and feel the wind blow through your hair....

In a little over a week, it will go to my father.....who I know will take wonderful care of it. He has more patience than I do to work on it, to fix all of the electrical demons, and to make sure that every part of it stays working perfectly. After all, he's the one that got me hooked on corvettes. I remember oogling c4's (yes, c4's....) when I was a little girl, and both of us wishing we could have one someday.

Although he's had his fair share of C3's, this is a milestone for him as well. As I say farewell to this chapter in my car history.

Echo, you will be missed.













2 comments:

  1. Well at least it's going somewhere you can still visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not really leaving... Besides maybe your Dad will take the wasp with him.

    ReplyDelete