Friday, September 3, 2010

Take this job and shove it

I did it. I stuck it out longer than I ever thought I could. She told me today to place an ad for another assistant. "You are a hard worker, but I just don't like you"

So at 3PM today I'm out of here! And theoretically since she asked me to leave, I can get on unemployment until I'm able to get something else. (which will hopefully be an offer from today's interview)

I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

While she was taking a dump in the other room she asked me not to look for another job until I go home tonight. Ah, I will miss the class and the modesty that beams from her.

No more getting yelled at over buying her the wrong chips, and not lying about her recipes. No more outrageous requests, or getting chewed out for her mistakes.


----------------------------


Well crap. I blogged too soon.

I'm not home free. Nick wouldn't let me quit. Went on and on about how much I do, and that there's so way they can have this much business without me here. She was against his choice.

Now I have to wait until I'm yelled at again to quit.

Amusing rantings will continue on schedule.

4 comments:

  1. Jodi,
    Nick can't tell you if you can or can't quit. That decision is up to you. If you stay tell him you want a raise & that you want to be treated like a human being & not the shrew's whipping girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with barking. Does Nick know what you are putting up with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Barking and Roger - You are the only person who decides if you want to quit and no one else has to give their permission but you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh the "not working out" would have been the perfect way to get on unemployment just long enough to land something ! :( I got out of a job located at the epicenter of hell and was so glad I stuck it out until they gave me the ole' "not workin" thing and it was the best gift ever. I think you should still try to work it somehow...The only thing I wonder about is that unemployment usually sends out a letter to confirm the story... I would hope this she-demon boss wouldn't try to mess with it.

    ReplyDelete