Sunday, December 22, 2013

12/11/12

The silent game:

It never fails - EVERY time I get sick he gets mad at me. Like - I'm not feeling bad enough - please, make me feel worse. I beg you.

I left work early today - got home, laid down on the couch, Rob calls and tells me 'oh, just take it easy, and get some rest. Don't worry about doing anything in the house'. So I do. I lounge like a lazy bum from about 2pm until he got home at 7.

Earlier on the phone I'd told him how I was cold and once again couldn't get the fireplace to light. He knows the thing has issues. I tell him I think it's the ignitor. Now all the sudden it's always worked for him. I even reminded him how it took him quite a few tries last time. 'Well, we can go to the fireplace store, get a new one. Should only be about $300. Maybe even $400' 'Um, I wasn't saying to buy a new one'

Too late. Here goes the rest of the night.

He mentions he's getting hungry on his drive back from Memphis. Talks about stopping somewhere, asks if we have any chicken left, I tell him yes. Subject gets changed.

Before he got home I decided to at least unload the dishwasher - like - you ever get a gut feeling about something that will happen? I had a gut feeling if I didn't unload the dishwasher, he'd get upset. So I unload it, do all the dishes, and straighten up the kitchen a bit.

He gets home - opens the oven. Asks where dinner is. I told him he didn't ask me to make it. He didn't even strongly indicate that I was supposed to make something. 'I'm sorry - I didn't know I was supposed to make something. You didn't ask me to.' 'oh, I guess you figured I don't like to eat dinner'. I don't say a word.

He then goes to show me a poster that his papaw gave his mom. I help him unroll it, and it's an old pic of him as a kid. I ask him 'did you want to frame it?'. 'I don't care what you do with it. You can throw it away. Mom gave it to you'. Seriously? Throw it away? I told him he was being really negative, this ticked him off more. He re-heated some leftovers. Carried them upstairs. Ate upstairs, and I'm assuming is already in bed.


God I love being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment