Sunday, December 22, 2013

06/11/13

Went to the grocery store after work to pick up stuff for dinner and lunches for the rest of the week. He insisted last night we had plenty of leftovers and a trip to the store was un-needed, so I ended up eating a hot dog omelette while he had leftover pot roast and (literally) moldy cornbread. Told him earlier that I would make shrimp and a tomato pie.

I get home from the store, and he asks how much everything was '$80?' I said no, it was $70.

Oh, here we go. He doesn't see why I spend so much on food, we have plenty in the house, why do I like to spend so much on food, I'm there every few days, why can't I eat leftovers (may I add I've eaten pot roast 3 days in a row now and that I practically live on leftovers and nothing else). I literally apologized at least 4 times for buying food. The man seriously ate fucking moldy cornbread last night and here he is chewing my ass out for buying fresh food for us to eat. He also didn't take into account that at least $20 of that was for the mac and cheese I'm apparently now making for him to smoke for a party that Lanny and Melissa are having. So all in all, I got chewed out for spending $50 to feed us for a week.

....and believe me, I went off on him too. Don't fuck with me anymore buddy. Don't even.

So I tell him I've already apologized at least 20 times, and we are dropping this. I'm told that I am not to buy any more food for the next month.

Do you know how tempted I was to remind him of the $400 he spent on a piece of artwork last weekend??

So I start on dinner, while he goes and heats up leftovers. Fully knowing I was making us a nice dinner tonight. He proceeds to eat in the living room while I'm still cooking.

Sure I ended up eating alone, but at least it was good and fresh food.

After I eat, he's still sitting on his computer watching various u-tube clips and whatnot, so I clean up from dinner and proceed to go upstairs to start organizing the closet in my front room....the one that is so bad he honestly thinks I'm a hoarder. So I'm up there for right about an hour, and he finally comes up ' you just going to sit up here all night?' 'I can come downstairs'. 'no, don't bother, I've already closed everything up'. End of discussion. End of night.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment