Sunday, December 22, 2013

01/18/12

Why do people get married?:


I don't understand it.

People fall in love. They get married. They live happily ever after.

Right?

.....I can honestly say that I've never been 'truly' happy with a person. In the past, abusive - both physically and mentally. Now - judgmental and moody. Is this what life is? Being tied to a person that you are constantly trying to make happy only to have them constantly be mad at you for one thing or another?

This morning just after I left the house, Rob calls me to tell me that a meeting reminder popped up on his computer, reminding him that today was apparently the 6th anniversary of the first time we 'met'. I say met loosely, because it's the first time we talked online via corvetteforum. Was my reply super-ecstatic? Not really. So naturally he got upset 'well I'm sorry I bothered you then. I thought you would want to know that. I thought it was neat'. 'yeah, that is neat, hard to believe it's been that long'. My reply was basically null and void at this point in the conversation though because he was already short tempered by my reply not living up to what he expected it to be.

Fast forward to this afternoon - phone rings at work. I can tell you that just about every time he calls me at work he gets pissed off. I talk quietly, and my answers are usually a bit shorter than normal - just as his are on the rare occasion I have to call him at work. He calls to tell me that state farm called him about my fender bender, and asked me if I wanted the number to call them back. 'Sure, I can call them on my way home from work.' He starts to say the number, I write it down as he says it. After he tells me the extension of the person I need to talk to, the line goes quiet. 'Are you there?' I asked. 'Yeah - you didn't say anything so I didn't know if you were even writing down the number. I can't see you over the phone to know if you are writing it down or not' 'I'm sorry, yes I was writing it down'. Que the short temper again - I didn't reply correctly, or fast enough, or something and that set him off. I asked if he could tell me the claim number, and as fast as his mouth let him spit it out, he did. Fully knowing I couldn't write it down that fast.

So now he's pissed off. Again. At me. Big shock.

I really wonder at what point does he calm down? At what point does he chill out, take responsibility for his own actions and stop taking them out on me?

I asked him this morning 'why do you get mad at me so easily?'

His reply, in a tense, short voice 'oh, I'm not mad'....

famous last words.

Hopefully he'll be better after his trip to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment