Sunday, December 22, 2013

09/06/11

So we went today to get our marriage license. This should be a loving memorable thing. Not a 'let's bicker half the way home, then not talk for the rest of the afternoon thing'.

We were supposed to meet up with the cake and photo people today, which is why I took a half day at work today. Theoretically I could go drive back to work and work another 2 hours. He had to work, so I figured I would go meet with the cake people. 'Well, have you heard back from the other cake people yet'. 'No, I just emailed them today.' Well, can you call them? Do you have the number?" Before I could even reach in my purse to look up the number, he pulled out his phone to do it (since I was entirely too slow in that .2 seconds) to call while he was driving....in the rain....in 30mph winds. Really? It's called patience. Get some.

So in order to reschedule the photographer, it either had to be thursday or friday. Well, I WAS planning on going to Atlanta to visit with mom since dad was out of town, maybe do a little shopping, and then hang out with Jen or Chris. This was no issue on Saturday (he was looking forward to his 'bachelor' weekend).....apparently now it is. 'That's all we need, you going down there to spend more money'. really? 'Okay then, I just won't go'. This is followed by him sounding like he was trying to convince me to go 2 seconds after trying to prevent me FROM going. Look - I know you are stressed. I know you are stressed right now - I get it. But for once - do not take it out on me. Do not blame it on me. You can deny it until you are blue in the face, but yes Mr. Perfect - you get stressed, you get PMS, and you do have bad days. You must learn to stop getting upset with me for every single thing I do!

So.....this memorable day of getting our marriage license leads to us 'debating', followed by not talking, and coming in the door as he just tosses our license on the wine cabinet. Such a happy, romantic day.

So I go upstairs where he is already on his computer working, and quietly and calmly ask him if he wants me to go meet with the photographer and cake people so that it's done. 'Well, if you don't want me to be involved in this'. REALLY? You choose NOW to even act like you care. If you really did care, and want to be involved then why can't you be normal, and POLITE and just say 'I'd rather we reschedule because I really would like to do this together.' Is that so hard? Would it kill you to be polite when responding to me for once?

.....such a romantic milestone for us. No doubt this will go in my 'can't get it out of my head' memory bank.

All this crap on top of the fact he made me ask my unemployed parents to pay for half the wedding to prove that I wasn't only marrying him for money. I would not get a reception, a dance, nor are my friends allowed to be there. I was told I can have either friends or family, but not both.

No comments:

Post a Comment