Sunday, December 22, 2013

07/23/13

oh yeah....Boston:


I totally didn't blog about our 'vacation'. Now, I use that term very loosely. VERY.

DC wasn't too bad. Lots of walking, lots of rain, but overall, not too bad. By the 2nd leg of the trip, his mood had completely turned. Back on my case about this, that and the other, he was at least nice to my family up in Jersey.

The worst thing in Boston, was the hotel issue. Okay - he'd been moody - for some reason or another - happens enough that I can't remember the small things. Anyway, earlier we'd joked about how small our hotel room was. We went to go meet Laurie and Snide at their hotel (Courtyard, which we stayed at a Courtyard the night before, king bed, huge room, etc) so while in the lobby waiting for them, in an attempt to make small talk since we weren't really talking I say 'I bet they have bigger rooms here than we do. Maybe we should have stayed here.' (lol)

'oh, now your room isn't good enough. Well I'm just sooo sorry you hate it, and aren't happy with it'. 'I didn't say that, I was only joking about the room size, and mentioned it since we stayed at a courtyard last night. Sorry'

'I'm just so sick of this, all you want to do it spend all my money'. 'What?! I've spent $7 on this entire trip so far....that's it.(didn't mention he'd spent $20+). I'm sorry i brought it up at all.' Then he said it. The one thing I've asked him never to call me. and he did....in public, in a hotel lobby, he called me a bitch. 'WTH, what is your deal? Why would you call me that?! All because of a hotel room!?' 'shut up' he says to me. Now I'm mad. 'you shut the fuck up. What is your deal? I didn't do anything for you to get like this!'

I moved to the other side of the lobby, doing my best not to cry at the man who thrives on disrespecting me, and didn't speak but a few words the entire night. Even with Snide and Laurie there.

On the way home there was another fight because I was running 10mph over the speed limit, and he insisted I would get pulled over (I was going with traffic) but I could just keep on driving how I wanted, I could pay the ticket with MY money, it's MY license that would get the points. I must not care about MY money since I don't care if it goes towards a ticket. I set the cruise at 5 under and didn't say a word to him for at least 2 hours.

Longest f'n vacation in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment