Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wow has it been a crazy week! With the house to myself it seemed I would never run out of things on my 'to-do' list. Mostly it was cleaning. LOTS of cleaning. Not sure when I turned into a clean freak - my mother will remember quite well when I was a teen that I was a total slob. You'd have to shuffle your feet just to clear a path to my bed from the door. Now I go crazy if there's a dish on the counter that does not belong.

I spend my evening last night getting donations ready for the TN Flood Victim's 'FREE' garage sale being put on by Friendship Community Church this Saturday. I felt almost worthless that I had not volunteered my time to this disaster yet. I even took the time to register on the Hands On Nashville site, but just don't have the time. So anyway - I opted to go to my 10'x10' storage unit last night that has been crammed with the contents of my old house for the past (nearly) 2 years now. Almost my entire life - crammed in beat up boxes sitting in a non-climate controlled aluminum 'hut' just off the main road. I told myself I wanted to get rid of at least 2 boxes. I knew I could dig out that many clothes at least.

I got rid of 10.

Nearly 1/4 of the contents in boxes in there are now OUT!! Clothes, sleeping bags, bedding sets, and even a few of my 1/18 scale car models that I just will never use again. I was up til nearly 1am washing and folding load after load of bedding and clothing. But I feel so much better now. Knowing that my things are going directly back into my community to those who need them. I took out a few boxes of kitchen goods too that I'm hoping can go to David and Deanne who lost everything when their home flooded. So tonight after work I'm dropping them off at a neighbor's house who is helping to put together this giant 'free' sale.

Work this week has gotten better. Thank goodness. A repeat of Monday and I'd have been out that door.

Today my Grandad goes in for surgery as well. He went in at 11am EST to get the tumor on his bladder removed. We are praying so much that the surgery goes well, and that this tumor is non-cancerous. He will already have to go in for treatment for the Prostate Cancer, and I just keep hoping that's the only one he has to deal with.

Tony (Zippy) had his heart surgery on Tuesday of this week, and I emailed his wife and have not heard back to see if it went well. I'm praying that it did.

And finally.....leaving in 3.5 hours to begin my weekend. Told my boss I wouldn't be in to work tomorrow and after work today I'm packing up the car and the pups and heading back our to Memphis for the BBQ Fest. Rob has been out there since last Saturday and I almost miss him. ;)

Overall today has been a good day. My boss has been out all day volunteering and is on her way back so I hope that the 2nd part of my day doesn't ruin the good I've already had. The pups were behaving this morning, my weight is down this week (3.5 lbs - woohoo!) and even still after I stopped at Krispy Kreme for the S'mores doughnut I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. To make things even better, I helped a guy on my vette forum who was looking for a lift kit for his truck, and directed him to my sister who sells them for her husband's (Jeremy) company. Guy gets a good deal on a lift kit, sister makes some money, and the guy just happens to review gadgets for Apple, and will be sending me an iPod for helping him out! I'm overjoyed since mine was stolen last December when the POS theives got my car at the ice rink.....at 10am.....in broad daylight. (and got away with it those a-holes)

anyway....just glad I'm having a good day and have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment