Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I don't blog on weekends, so I'm a day ahead. This Saturday will be 2 years since Rob and I first met. We first starting talking a couple years before in a thread on the Corvette Forum about Match.com - we chatted almost daily on instant messenger for over a year - he even tried to get me to meet up with him a couple of times. Suggesting meeting up halfway in Chattanooga for lunch one day - or up at the Jack Daniels Distillery, and I either couldn't afford it, or had something else going on.

In Early May we finally exchanged phone numbers, and he called me right away. We talked for hours. We were both planning on going to the Corvette Cruise-in in just a couple weeks, and agreed we'd finally meet then. Those weeks crept by, and we talked every day until then. When I finally got to the museum, I texted him, and he was already back at the hotel with everyone else on the forum - I'd just missed him. I had uncontrollable butterflies in my stomach. I finally made it over to the Hampton Inn (THE place for Cruise In action)....and there he was. I still remember that moment like it was yesterday.

.....I moved to Tennessee that August.

We've had our ups and downs, just as everyone does. I'm proud to say that I still feel for him the way I felt when I saw him for the first time. I feel lucky we met there, where everyone had a camera, and we have photos of us from the first day we met. Although not the 'cutest' pics, since after all - it was just a big party full of Corvette Enthusiasts!

and here is our ever so romantic first pic together..




...and the following weekend when I drove up to Nashville for our first real 'date'.



Both of our vettes at the local Cruise Night:



We've had so many great times together, and I really feel blessed to have him in my life. Those of you who have known me for a while, know what I've been through in the past. I didn't think I'd find happiness like this, and some days I still think I don't deserve it.

Rob - I love you. Thanks for being so great......you and your crazy afro wig, peep loving, bacon addicted self.

1 comment: