Sunday, May 16, 2010

Actually looking forward to a monday

This past week has been exhausting. For once I cannot wait to start another week in hopes that it's somewhat calmer than the last.

Memphis in May BBQ Fest is over. The Team placed:

11th place in t-shirt
36th place in ribs
24th place in Peoples Choice
87th place in wings
34th place in Anything But - Beef
40th place in Anything But - Poultry

Granted I was only there for the last 2 days of it, but even that was enough to wear me out. I don't know how these guys can find the energy, the motivation, or even the interest to be out there every day, all day for the entire week. I don't want another ounce of BBQ pork for at least a month.

Maybe More.






....and I'm pretty sure I gained back that 3.5 lbs that I worked so hard to lose last week. 2 Weeks until Florida - I can lose it again.

Also - an update on my Grandad. He went in for surgery to remove a possibly cancerous tumor on his bladder this past Thursday, and apparently was having some complications from the surgery. They weren't watching his blood sugar levels close enough, and as a result, his glucose level went far above 500.....causing him to be having spasms. He also is still bleeding and has already received 2 units of blood with a transfusion. He's still at the hospital and we are praying that the bleeding stops.

A pic of him and my Grandmother from my sister's wedding in September '08.

No comments:

Post a Comment