Monday, May 17, 2010

Fast Paced Mondays

I love them.

We got back from Memphis last night, and it was good to be home. BBQ fest wore us both out and for days this scent of smoked meat will linger. I managed to get through the entire weekend event without a sunburn, but on Sunday when we were there to tear down the tents and pack up the food, I got an insta-burn. In one hour I got cherry red. Seriously? I laid out for hours so far this springtime and barely got any color. And my skin waits until the day I'm wearing a tank top to finally catch on to this tanning concept. I've got this weekend left to get rid of the horrid tan lines before our trip to Florida. 12 days and counting until we are out by the pool without a care in the world! Saw a neat thing for us to try while on the beach as well. Anyone tried YOLO boaring? Basically a big surfboard that you paddle while standing up. Our resort offers it, so I think we'll give it a shot!



Anyway, While Rob was gone all last week spending time with his parents, I got creative. Knowing that the bedding we had bought in January would sit around until next January, I took matters into my own hands. A couple weeks back he picked a paint color he liked, and that's as far as we got. As soon as I got back from leaving him in Memphis Sunday night of that week, I headed up to Lowe's and got what I needed to tackle the bedroom walls. In two days I'd knocked it out. Needless to say, he was quite surprised.

before:


after:



I enjoy a good project.

No comments:

Post a Comment