Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back in the saddle....

Ok....I gave up on this blogging thing years ago. I had 4 other weblogs and I used them back in the day as an outlet for the miserable life I had some years back.

I'm happy to report, this will not be a bit like that. As most all of you know I have a happy life with a wonderful man in TN now. I've gotten past most of the insecurities that developed from years of being controlled.

Eventually I will get over the resentment and anger towards that situation, and I will post 2 years worth of a mentally and physically abusive relationship on here for all to read. Yes, it's lengthy, and to this day - no one has read it.

Anyway - This has been an interesting week for us. Last weekend we had a record breaking 20" of rainfall at our home in middle TN. I've never seen anything like it. Small, shallow creeks became raging rivers 40' wide in just moments. It's an overpowering feeling when you are humbled by mother nature. Historic landmarks in downtown Nashville, and people's homes were destroyed in a matter of hours, and no one saw it coming. Most people didn't live in a flood plain, so they had no insurance. I cannot imagine not having my home to go back to - all of my belongings and family photos.....gone.



There was no looting. We barely made national news for days. But in the hours following this disaster - over 7,000 Nashville residents signed up on the Hands on Nashville Website to volunteer. This week Rob and I will be heading out towards a hard hit area to help some friends as they were some of the not so fortunate, and their home was badly flooded.

If you want to help out, feel free to purchase a shirt from this site. 100% of the profits will go back into the community for flood victims.

http://nashvilleflood.myshopify.com/

you can get this really swell shirt (and a few other designs) for only $20.



No comments:

Post a Comment