Monday, May 24, 2010

3 day workweek

I love weekends where you feel like you actually lived them to the fullest. Lots of housework done - inside and out, preparing for the party and overnight company we'll have next weekend. Saturday we had lunch at the Cool Springs Brewery (Great Pizza, and they brew some pretty good beers) and in the evening we celebrated our Anniversary by going to dinner at Mauricio's in Cookeville. That place was just awesome. Anyone who loves Italian Food needs to stop by this place for lunch or dinner one day. It's well worth the drive out there. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli and it was to die for. Plenty of meat in the pasta, and a rich lemon and butter cream sauce. Rob got the Veal Picatta, which I don't eat veal, but just had to try it, and was glad I did (this in no way is my approval of the treatment of animals, as I still disapprove of the methods and am not a veal eater). Although full from dinner, we cannot turn down a tasty sounding dessert. It was worth the calories. I got a Chocolate Almond Cheesecake, and Rob got a Chocolate Truffle Cake. I highly suggest either of these should you find yourself there for dinner one night.

We spend yesterday at the pool for the opening weekend. The place was packed and the neighbors were out in droves to work on a tan and to mingle. I still managed to get a nice lobster color to me after only two hours and 4 layers of sunblock. Oh, the joys of being fair skinned. Good news is that by the time we head to Florida, it'll be the perfect tan.

I'm thankful this is a short workweek for me as well. Only 3 days of putting up with this chaos I sometimes refer to as a job before heading to Atlanta to spend my birthday with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment