Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BBQ Tuesday

There will be alot of these until all the meat we brought home from BBQ fest is gone. I won't want to look at another rib or brisket for months.

My drive home last night was an interesting one. A terrifying one actually. I know my defrosters in my car don't work - but I usually just crack the window and let the air keep the fog down. This concept doesn't work quite as well when you are in the middle of a monsoon. I took off my overshirt and started using it to clear the windshield. Only then did I realize my shirt had traces of lotion on it from my pleasantly sunburned back. So now it's smeary and foggy. Perfect. So I roll the windows down more. I get onto the interstate already struggling to see, and when I was 3 lanes in and going 40mph my wipers quit working. oh FML this was not good. I rolled both windows down all the way hung my head out the window to see traffic, kept as calm as I could, and did my best to get off the highway without hitting anything. Have you ever tried this. It's not easy. I almost took out an S-10 blazer before making it to the shoulder. I looked down to realize how badly I was shaking and then I just started bawling. I was soaked. There were puddles of water all inside my car, and I just sat there on the side of the road in the pouring rain, praying that no one hit me....I couldn't see a thing.



When I eventually got home, I poured a tall glass of very well deserved wine.

My Grandfather is still doing well. He's currently at St. Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta, and will be seeing his doctor today. From what I hear the bleeding still has not stopped. I wish I knew more of what was going on so I can worry less. All I can do is put my faith in the Lord and pray that he heals him quickly.

My boss has also been particular pleasant with me today. She let me know that in June I'll be getting another raise and that I'll start getting incentives for each closing I assist her in. Finally.....more of a goal to work towards other than 'just don't get yelled at today'. I can use that minimal raise to buy that new car I'll be getting now that mine has pushed me over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment