Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally made it to Friday

It's been such a trying week, and I thought the work week would never come to a close. My boss and her husband are out of town for the weekend, leaving yesterday - which gives me the highly desired quiet work time I needed. I get so much more done when no one is here and I can actually concentrate.

On top of this flood disaster we have both had some rough news this week. On Wednesday we got word that Rob's mother has cancer on her kidney. The good news of that is, that they caught it early on. In early June she'll go in for surgery and they expect a full recovery. Then yesterday mom calls to tell me that my Grandad (her father) was just diagnosed with Prostate Cancer and in a week they will have the results back on whether or not he also has bladder cancer. Unreal. Just one thing after the other.

We leave tomorrow morning to head to Memphis to spend the weekend and Mother's Day with his family. We'll also be enjoying a trip to the Memphis Zoo, which was apparently her best memory of a past mother's day - so getting the whole group together for this one will be quite memorable.

It's just a lot to take in. Flood and friends who are struggling from it, now having to worry more about Rob's mom and my Grandfather. I just pray that both can be cured of the cancer and return to normal healthy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment