Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Monday.....no good to me

Saturday morning we packed up the car and headed to Memphis to spend Mother's Day weekend with Rob's family. We headed out to a fantastic lunch of 'Po Boys at the Bayou Bar and Grill and then off to the Memphis Zoo we went. With zoom lens and camera in hand I was good to go.

I can't even remember the last time I went to a Zoo. I was at Busch Gardens about 7 years ago or so, but that's more a theme park with animals than a zoo. Either way, it was great to have his whole family out there. I honestly could not ask for a better (second) family in my life. Later on when I get home I'll have to post some pics. I think they turned out pretty well.

Church on Mother's Day was wonderful. A powerful lesson in the difficulties in life. So appropriate for many of the obstacles in my life right now. While I'm happy and blessed for so many things, I'm not exactly content with my work situation. I get frustrated by how little I make, and how I am treated by my boss. I love what I do, but I get very depressed and angry when I'm constantly belittled and yelled at - many times for things that were either not my fault, or unavoidable.

This morning for instance, my boss was irate because a copy of a contract had not been sent out to a person I've never heard of, and that she never told me about. I mean......irate. Yelling at me to the point I was about to just walk right out that door and not come back. I told her to stop yelling at me, and her husband actually came in here and told her to stop screaming at me. Then she proceeds to tell me that if she paid me what the other assistants at the company got paid, she'd have let me go already, but because I make less she can somehow justify yelling at me and putting up with the apparent poor performance I give.

I don't put up with that crap. Period.

I went from being an Assistant Project Manager where I was in control of so much, to a very low paying job where I get chewed out if I wear heels on days she wants me to haul 50# boxes for her. Not my idea of the ideal career. Not even close.

Either way - I'm still blessed to have a job I enjoy when so many cannot find a job.

So anyway - it's a dreary monday and it's entirely too cold for the second week in may. 20 days until we leave for Florida......

No comments:

Post a Comment