Tuesday, June 8, 2010

back on the map.....

oh how I hated coming home. Well - it wasn't so much that coming home part.....I actually missed my house. My own bed, my own shower, and my garden of veggies that we recently planted (which surprisingly, were not shriveled and dead after being gone a week). I didn't want to come back because that lead up to the going back to work part. So today I sit here at my desk trying to sort to the bottom of paperwork that resembles Mt. Everest - white cap and toppling over.

We had a great time in Florida. This was our third year going there together, so we tried to mix it up a bit and try some new activities. Well....we still ended up in Pier Park in Panama City Beach for the giant beer and German pretzel - you can't deny it's doughy goodness.



We also tried a new activity called 'YOLO boarding'. This might be our new favorite Florida activity. To those heading down to the Destin area, I highly recommend trying this out. It was easier to balance than I thought and our 1 hour flew by, making me wish we'd packed a lunch and sprung for 3 hour rentals so we could hang out on the island we paddled out to. Great way to get around the shallow waterways as well as see the wildlife up close.








I look terrible in a bikini, so I'll spare you by not posting more pics of myself. :D

We spent Wednesday at the Big Kahuna Waterpark - because deep down, even you know you want to go flying down a waterslide. No one wants to grow up - and why should you, when places like this encourage you hanging on to your swimsuit for dear life as you torpedo down a 100' slide, giggling like a 5 year old the whole way down.

Lucky for you, we borrowed my sister's digital camera and underwater case to take pics.





and this is probably my favorite pic of the day. Yes, I scream on waterslides - at the very least I can amuse others.





more pics and vacation blogging to follow. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment