Tuesday, June 22, 2010

diabetics and personal care.....

This gripe is for you - the overweight, loud, diabetic woman in my Citizen's Police Class. Yes, we've heard you announce you can't have that bite sized piece of candy the captain tossed at you for answering the question right. Since then I've observed your eating habits. Tonight I watched you drink a bottle of soda, followed by 2 cookies, followed by a plate of fruit, and topping it off with your newly acquired insulin shots. Then we watch you finish it off with a life saver. F'n seriously? You wonder why you are diabetic?? You just ingested more sugar in one hour than I consume in 3 days! You are the problem with America. The reason I couldn't get heath insurance. I fall into that 'overweight, and lazy' category of diabetics because I was blessed with the same disease you have - and so many of you treat your bodies like this!

People make me sick......put down that candy bar tubby, and you probably won't even need insulin anymore. I bet you tell your doc that you don't touch anything with sugar in it too. Meanwhile I stay in shape, avoid sugar, and load up on lean meats and vegetables only to fight insurance each time I go to my endocrinologist. I didn't ask for this...and for three years I've done everything I can to take care of myself so that I won't ever end up like you. Fat, Obnoxious, and administering insulin shots in the middle of class, and breathing like I'm in labor to get everyone's attention.

You've got our attention alright. We see what you eat. You do this to yourself. Look for pity elsewhere.

good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment