Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF

Now if only I can make it through the day! My boss told me yesterday that she'll be giving me a raise due to all the hard work I've been doing for her. Still not close to where I want to be, but it's a start.

Car situation is improving. I was able to get financing the other day, and I found one I like that is in great shape, is only 3 years old, 55k miles, and has a warranty for another year and a half. I got them down to a reasonable price, but am still about $1,300 short of what I need to get it. Hopefully small miracles still happen. I could use one right about now.

This week hasn't been too shabby though. I've gotten a lot of the house clean and caught up on laundry - been making sure that the vegetable gardens get watered twice a day as well - since we've had no rain for nearly 7 straight days now, and temps have been in the upper 90's. It's been brutal. I'm just thankful that Rob has been letting me drive his car (with AC) to get to work and back as he drives mine to the train station each day. We did finally get the wipers fixed though! (hooray for small victories!) But the wiper fluid pump has quit working now. :)

I went skating the day before again, and I got up the courage to not only work on the jumps and spins my coach was having me work on, but I attempted two other small jumps that I had to really stop and think on how to even do anymore. I did center all my spins for the day, which in my books is a huge accomplishment! However, my sit spin is so bad that I was even embarrassing myself.

And tryouts.....tryouts are tomorrow. I'm so nervous. I have no idea what to expect from this - what to wear, what the other girls will be wearing - hair up or down?? What if I fall flat on my rear on the ice!? I'm a wreck just thinking about it!

Anyway...hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment