Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Turned the big 2-9

Okay - so it was over a week ago, but I felt it worthy to post about. You only turn 29 once. (or....in my mother's case 20+ times)

One thing about growing older - you actually want to spend your birthday with your parents. When I was a teen I'd give anything I could to escape them any chance I got - now I take the chances I get and I drive 4 hours just to see them for 2 days - and even that isn't enough time to get in all the visiting I'd like to. I feel like I miss out on so much....

But on my birthday I went out with my dad to attempt some car shopping. I had called the Chevrolet Dealership the day before and scheduled a test drive with a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. So we went there just to be told it was at a 'sister dealership'. Okay - no biggie - we'll drive 20 minutes to Buford. 'No, it's in North Carolina'. Gee - thanks. I just told you less than 24 hours ago I'd be here to look at it, and you've sent it away. I appreciate your lousy effort to try to make a sale.

Later that afternoon I went out shopping with my mom with the gift cards I'd gotten from Rob's side of the family and was able to get a few more items for our trip to Florida the following week. I had almost forgotten what a trip it can be when going to Gwinnett Place Mall. Those of you who live in Gwinnett, you know what I mean. This is why I carry an iPod in my purse. I'm all for equality and all that - but when I go shopping, I don't want to hear the store announcements in Spanish. This isn't Mexico. This is America. Go ahead and speak your language amongst yourselves, but keep it off the loudspeakers when I'm shopping.

That evening I went out to Buford to meet up with my friends. I rarely get to see them anymore, especially all in one place at the same time. I was so excited to get everyone in the same place for drinks. Some of you I hadn't seen in probably 5 years. Crazy how quickly time goes by....

All in all I had a great trip down - I just wish it lasted more than a day and a half!

So now a week into being 29....I feel the same. Guess I always will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment