Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So you wonder why I'm grumpy?

It's simple really. Well, at least to me it is. See - you give me a list of things to do each day. Changing the price of every listing by $100 on all 10 sites it's advertised on, reposting ads, etc. Closings coming up, new listings going in, mailers to send out, taxes to file. You call me last night on my cell phone when I'm in class to leave me a 4 minutes message asking if something got done. You phrase it 10 different ways. It still sounds the same, regardless. BTW - No, it did not get done. You said you had to review it first. Do you remember reviewing it? Wait...you stated that in the message, then changed your mind 2 more times....hmm.

I get to work to start on this neverending list, and before I even have my lunch in the fridge, I'm told to clean your house, help make your bed, help prepare lunch for your grown children. This is not what I was hired to do. I used to consider myself a real estate professional. Now I'm just an underpaid servant who happens to know about houses and computers. And you wonder why I'm grumpy?

Now toss into the mix that I'm got PMS, do not feel well, and have low blood sugar as a result. Well, shouldn't I just be one happy cheery ball of wonder!

Now don't get me wrong. I'm forever grateful to even have a job in these tough economic times....I just get frustrated with being treated so poorly. Especially this time of the month. But it's nothing a glass of wine can't fix within just 8 short hours, right? I'll need it after I get done babysitting her grandkids this afternoon.

Now on to tryouts - some of you might still be wondering (the 3 of you that read this anyway) if I made the team....well, as predicted, I did not. I'm not the least bit upset about this though. That's the joy of being a realist. You never get your hopes up, and let the good things that come, surprise you. I'm just glad I got to tryout - that I got to prove to myself, that I can do this. That neither anxiety nor low blood sugar will get in my way.

And finally. I'm getting a Cadillac. :)



I'll be driving my Corvette down to GA in just a couple weeks, and leaving it with my dad. He finally gets his C5. :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're crossing things off your list quickly! Trying out for the ice team AND getting a Cadilac!

    ReplyDelete