Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Farewell Lucy

As I sat upstairs on the floor last night scrapbooking before bed, I heard my phone go off with a text. Rob was already in bed and watching TV, so I told him to check it for me. 'It's from Jeremy. You need to call your sister.' My stomach turned...I knew what was next 'Lucy just died'.

Lucy....spunky, clumsy, furry, and lovable Lucy. My sister's first dog. She was 13 when Lucy came home, so as a family, we all grew up with her. Lucy never met a stranger. Well behaved and well loved. It's hard to grasp that she's gone. We just saw her the weekend before last. I'm glad we got to see her - that Dora could see her old playmate that one last time....

She'd been having seizures for just over a week. This was new, so Lu took her to the vet last Tuesday to go on medications. Her seizures weren't minor, and they were taking their toll on Lucy. The vet told her then - it could be late onset Epilepsy, or a Brain Tumor. We all hoped it would be Epilepsy. The lesser of the two evils.

Lu wouldn't answer her phone last night. Can't say that I blame her. But this morning I got in touch with her. She passed while they were out, but her best pup pal, Maggie was there with her, and she was on Lu's recliner - her 'safe spot' where she usually slept. they buried her in the front yard last night.

The Bridge welcomes you Lucy.....Rest in Peace sweet baby. We'll miss you.









2 comments:

  1. Oh Jodi, I am so sorry to hear this. Please pass on my condolences to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear. We have a black miniature poodle named Sassi. I know I'd be crying my eyes out if anything ever happened to him.

    ReplyDelete