Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my lucky streak continues....

....or the fact that I have none.

I've been looking for a new(er) car for a couple of months now. The current money pit is too much for me to handle. I can't keep affording to replace parts on a car that I can't even drive to work. We finally got the wipers fixed last night in the scorching 95* heat only to have the wiper fluid pump stop working. This is still so minor in comparison to what else is wrong with it. Since there's no AC in it, I haven't driven it in well over a week now. Especially with highs reaching 98*.

So - I'd been shopping for a newer car - and found one that Rob and I both agree on. A beautiful Black 2007 Cadillac CTS with 55k miles on it and a warranty that will last another year and a half. It's not the CTS-V I had my heart set on, but this will be the smartest and most reliable choice. I call to get a loan on it - I figure no sweat! I know what my credit score is, that I don't really owe anything on anything right now - won't be a big deal. I call back today - DENIED. WTF. really? I ask the girl why? Turns out that the morons who run the Gwinnett County Magistrate Court Records, entered paperwork incorrectly that I turned in a couple years ago from a judgment that my old roommate owes me. They put it in showing I owe her. Perfect. I can only imagine how much fun this will be to fix from 250 miles away and paperwork from a court hearing that was in 2005.

Speaking of incompetent morons - my Grandfather went in for surgery again last week, and his doctor must have gotten his degree from the local wal-mart. The bleeding won't stop (again) Same issue as last time. Two surgeries in one month, and complications from them both. I can only hope that they choose another doctor and hospital for his final surgery - which is still yet to come. He wasn't even home for Father's Day like he was supposed to be. :(

So....those are my gripes. Here's to a better second half of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment