Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tryouts!

Well, I did it. I proved to myself that I could compete with the best of them.

I figured I'd show up and feel that I'd gotten in way over my head, but I didn't. I didn't feel out of place at all. I was just as thin as they were, I could skate just as well as they could. I went into the tryouts knowing I wouldn't get picked, but did it just for fun and to prove to myself that I could do this. Mentally and physically.

These weren't just ordinary girls - they were my age - they were mothers. One was there on a bet from her husband that she wouldn't have the guts, one was there because her 3 kids told her to tryout. Some were there just for the hell of it. It was great getting to meet so many new people, and knowing that I was good enough to even get to this point. I topped off my day with a very well deserved pizza. :D

Callbacks are today. I think I at least have a 50/50 chance of getting called. If I don't, I won't be too upset, and if I do - then I just proved alot more to myself then I figured I ever would. :)

Now it's back to the real world.....and the fact it's a Monday and I've got PMS. This is a lethal combination. After a weekend of feeling great about myself, I'm back to being yelled at, and being treated like I'm nothing more than a pebble in her shoe. No hello, no nothing. Just 'Call Nick, see what he wants, Get that email for me, call so and so and tell her I'm going to be late! Well, maybe not that late. Maybe just 10 minutes late. Call her. It's not as late as I thought! Nick, call so and so! Did Jodi Call? ooh, I'm going to be late' For crying out loud. I'm honestly amazed people live like that. Then she raised her voice at me for not replying to her question while she was still asking it. 'well, I didn't know you were still here'. REALLY? Yell at me one more time....I dare you.

To top it off, she was apparently 'ill' this morning. The woman never shuts the bathroom door - I'm just so thankful for the assistant before me, that she learned the hard way and at least had the decency to warn me of this, so I know never to walk that direction in the house without asking first.

...and to finish of this blog - my postsecret card of the week.



Happy Monday my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with callbacks! :) I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    That's kind of how I felt after climbing a 100ft rock face last July... VERY empowering. I had my mind set that I was going to do it, and I did. Incredible what we can do once we put our mind to it!

    ReplyDelete