Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All Over Again....

When I begin to think about it, memories flood back. Knowing the days and hours are numbered.....

My sister's dog Maggie, who was one of the 'original 3' (Lucy, Maggie, & Dora) is in her final days. At nearly 16 years old, she was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I talk to my sister daily now, and we all know that her days are coming to an end. Unwilling to eat or drink much, and unable to keep down what little she takes in, it's taking it's toll on her already frail little body.

Those final days of Dora I feel like I'm re-living, and it's tough. Lu lost Lucy 3 years ago....so she's had a bit of time to heal, not that one truly heals from the loss of a pet - but she manages it better. For me, it's still fresh - 6 months and 9 days fresh. Even now I still question if I did the right thing, but somewhere deep in my heart I know I did. Now I watch my sister deal with the same scenario - finding the time to learn to let go and convincing your heart it's the right thing to do. Losing someone you love is painful enough, being the one responsible for making that call is heart wrenching.

Maggie, when your time has come, do not fear. Lucy and Dora are waiting for you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment